Saturday, April 08, 2006

It's working...ick...

Well, the MMR shot I got yesterday feels like it's working. I feel like you do after you get a flu shot...like I've got the flu...a bad case of the flu!

and I'm going out tonight with a friend for dinner and a movie...(argh! bad bad BAD timing...should have got the shot monday!)

I guess that means that I must not have had any immunity to any of the 3 viruses the MMR shot protects you from.

Oh well...I'd rather go thru a few days of feeling icky from the shot than get the actual mumps.

I finished one afghan (pictures coming soon), and started another one pretty much immediately. The new one is a giant rectangle granny square, and I'm using Red Heart SS Amethyst, and Red Heart Giant Candy Print (variegaited in shades of pink). I only have two skeins of the Candy Print (but they're 12oz skeins, equal to nearly 3 1/2 skeins of SS) so most of the afghan is going to be the Amethyst color.

I'm only six rounds into the new afghan, but I like the color so far...I might throw in another shade of purple...if I have any.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin Just wanted to say that I love your pattern for the rectangle granny square. I am a visual learner so it is taking me a long time to figure it out but I am hanging in there. Take care.

ErinLindsey said...

Cool... have fun with the pattern.

Candy said...

Hi Erin,

I hope you're feeling better now, since it's been awhile since your shot. I just heard today that the mumps epidemic is beginning to stretch its way here into Wisconsin. It's scary how those things travel, isn't it!

ErinLindsey said...

I think the mumps vaccine finally worked it's way thru.. It's kind of like getting a flu shot, but I think I felt sicker than when I've gotten a flu shot.

I saw on the news that the reason why the mumps has moved so far so fast is because two people who were sick with the mumps were doing some business travelling thru the Midwest...They were on something like 9 different flights. I think they were able to tell that some of the people who've gotten sick since then have had some sort of connection to those flights.

It's kind of scary...it shows just how a pandemic can get started. Just think if it was smallpox, or bird flu, just how quickly things like that can travel on airplanes now.