Friday, April 07, 2006

Great...thanks a lot Iowa...

I just got back from the doctor's office. No, I'm not sick. I had to go get an MMR booster (Mumps, Measles, Rubella) shot.

I live in Nebraska, fairly close to the Nebraska/Iowa border, and apparently there's a mumps epidemic going on in Iowa. The local news reported that people in my age group (mid-30's) are the ones that seem to be getting hit hard with the mumps epidemic. Apparently they either needed the booster, or their original vaccination was either handled improperly or there was something wrong with the actual vaccine.

I could have had a blood test to tell me if I'm immune to the mumps, but that was $120, and the shot was $97, so I decided to just get the shot...it wont hurt me if I'm already immune, and I wouldnt have to hit my dad up for the $120 for the blood test.

So, now that I'm all current with my shots, I'm going to sit down and relax tonight and finish the afghan that I'm almost done with...and then finish the other afghan and the sweater that I'm also almost done with.

No comments: