Saturday, April 15, 2006

argh!!

*tearing hair out in frustration!*

How the heck do people crochet with those teeny tiny hooks and the skinny thread?

After finishing my yarn doily, I decided to attempt it with some DMC crochet thread that I have (it's been sitting in a box for 5yrs...figured I should use it) so I pulled out a ball of thread and a "D" hook. Using the same pattern as my yarn doily, I got four rounds into it before the thread and the hook started to drive me nuts. The hook is so small, I keep dropping it, and the thread keeps tangling up on the hook. ARgH!

This is why I hardly ever try to do anything in thread...my fingers dont want to cooperate with those little hooks. I'm on the 9th round of that doily so far, but I think I'm going to end up drop kicking it across the yard before the end of the day.

No comments: