Thursday, August 10, 2006

Owwwwww....knitting is painful....

I think I have a serious gauge problem going on. I'm still not used to the whole knitting thing, and I know I'm holding those needles a little too tight tonight. My fingers are sore, and my wrist (darned carpal tunnel) is starting to really hurt.

I guess that's why I'm making swatches and not actual knitted projects yet. Maybe I'll start off with some knitted dishcloths? (my aunt Jan loves stuff like that) I have nearly an entire cone of crochet cotton left over from my crocheted purse I made last winter to sacrifice to a project like that.

Even tho my hands are sore now, the knitting is looking a bit more even. So, I'm happy about that. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to crocheting, so it was bugging me that the knitting didnt look perfect and even right away.

I got some decent knitting needles yesterday, so at least now I have some that are of a size that's easier for me to hold than the ginormous size 11's that I learned on. Got a pair of size 8 Clover's, and a size 8 Susan Bates circular. Love the Clover's! I'm going to have to get one of their crochet hooks. I almost bought one today, but then found 6 skeins of Lion Brand Chenille on clearance for $1/skein. I have no self control when it comes to clearanced yarn. I've noticed a lot of places are putting that particular brand of chenille on clearance (probably being discontinued) so if it's a decent price, $1.50 or less per skein, I've been buying it. Not quite sure what I want to do with it, but I've got enough for a really weird looking afghan. (none of the colors are going to match...guess that it'll make an interesting scrap-a-ghan)

I just realized that my blog is a year old this month (first post was August 31st 2005) and that this post here is my 96th. Kind of surprises me that I didnt lose interest a week after that first post. I think it surprises me more that people actually read it!

Ok, back to torturing my fingers for awhile longer with some more knitting and listening to AIROS (American Indian Radio On Satellite) http://www.airos.org/

No comments: