Friday, October 28, 2005

I got a couple of 40% off coupons for Michael's Crafts on sunday... Decided to go and wander thru their dwindling yarn aisle... (seems to get smaller and smaller everytime I go there) After much feeling and fondling of the yarn, I decided to see what the LionBrand VelvetSpun yarn is like. It's a really really really soft chenille yarn. The cool thing is that it's machine washable. So I decided to make this scarf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I used a "P" crochet hook, and crocheted the length of the scarf (end to end, instead of the side by side scarves I usually make) The stitch is just a basic single crochet. I figured that since chenille is kind of a furry yarn, that any fancy stitches I might have wanted to try would get "lost" in the furryness. It took me about an hour and two skeins of yarn (all I could afford...even at 40% off!) I think it turned out pretty nice.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: