Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Here's the scarf I'm working on now.

Basically this is the same pattern as the one I just finished, but I didnt cast on quite as many stitches. The finished one had 40 stitches, this one has 38. (just experimenting with the widths of the scarves)


knitted scarf in progress




For some reason, this scarf isnt taking me as long as the other one. Five months for the first one to even be finished. It's been 10 days since I started the new one, and it's more than half finished. I am thinking of making it a little longer than the last one, so manybe it's not quite half finished if it ends up being longer.


knitted scarf in progress




I think the reason it's going so fast this time is because I'm using circs. The other one I used 14 inch long bamboo straights. Circs just seem to be a bit more comfy to me sometimes, but I do like to knit with the straights.


knitted scarf in progress


I've been working on this one a lot, when I talk to my friend Don on the internet at night, when I'm sitting in the front yard with my parents (since I no longer have to supervise a large, furry dog, I need something to do when sitting outside) and sometimes I'll knit while watching tv.

I need to find a interesting crochet pattern to do one of these days, I havent crocheted for a few weeks. I'll have to go pattern searching soon, since the scarf is going to probably be finished soon.


knitted scarf in progress


And here are two somewhat less crappy pictures of the other scarf. I need to work a bit on the picture taking skills. Sometimes I get something that looks good, and other times I get some really crappy pictures.


Finished knitted scarf


Finished knitted scarf

No comments: