Saturday, March 29, 2008

I got presents today! (thanks sibling!)

I got something cool in the mail today! Crochet patterns! (best type of snail mail, presents that are crochet related)

here are a few pictures of what I got.


crochet leaflets my sibling sent me


crochet leaflets my sibling sent me


This last one is one that I used to have and had been meaning to replace, just hadnt found a copy of it yet. (kinda cool that my sibling sent it to me, now I dont have to search for it!) I lost it and about maybe 30 other pattern leaflets when my dad accidentally threw them out. (I hope it was an accident!)


crochet leaflet my sibling sent me


The leaflet that's titled "Quick Tricks" was seen by my aunt tonight, and she wants me to crochet her the apron that's on the cover. I dont think she'd ever use it, but she'd probably use it as a decoration in her kitchen. She's got a ton of granny squares that I made hung up in a few places to accent other decorations she has in the kitchen. (along with a worsted weight yarn doily that I made for her to use as an afghan, which she's using as a tablecloth on an accent table)


I have more pictures to show (sorry to anyone on dial up!) I was at my dad's little sister's house on Easter, and she'd found some paintings that my grandmother had made (possibly in the early 1990s) and I took pictures of the paintings.

If I get a chance to some day, I'll scan Grandma's paintings, but right now the digital pictures are the best that I can do at the moment.

The paintings are still-lifes. First one is a tree (hopefully it's showing correctly, when I previewed this blog post, it was sideways, even tho the image in my photobucket page was correct) The other two are a bowl of fruit, and some flowers. I think my grandmother was a really good artist. She crocheted really beautiful afghans, and she was excellent at painting ceramic pottery and apparently better than me at painting still-lifes. (I'm not that good)


painting my paternal grandmother did. Not sure when it was done


painting my paternal grandmother did, not sure when it was done


painting my paternal grandmother did. Not sure when it was painted


I'll stop here so that people on dial-up wont want to shoot me for being picture-heavy today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin your booklets are to die for and the paintings are wonderful
Darlene (Musad)