Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I bought yarn. Mmmm!! Yarn!!! :)

Went to my favorite LYS (Local Yarn Store) yesterday after dropping my mom off somewhere. I went to A String of Purls and got myself some yarn. I was looking for a chunky yarn that I had gotten there a few months ago. A really nice 50/50 merino/acrylic blend...I was really sad when they didnt have any, and the girls in the store couldnt remember ever having that brand. So, to console myself, I wandered around for a few minutes (hours), looking at the knitting needles (liked the Lantern Moon needles) and gently petting the yarn on the shelves. Looking for some yarn that I could hopefully afford. (sniffle...I really wanted some Noro, but not for the prices they were charging! I would never be able to make anything bigger than a swatch with it, since I'll never have the money to buy enough to make a sweater)

I finally settled on some Cotanani Mirasol yarn.

It's 60% pima cotton and 40% Merino wool. Started a small scarf last night with it. I really like how this yarn feels. Not so thrilled about the cost tho. I bought 3 hanks, and spent about what I'd spend for 9 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver. But, this yarn is soft and feels pretty and my knitting needles like it, so I think it was worth it.

Here's what I got.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It just amazes me how little you get for $6.95/skein. Oh well, it's yarn and it's soft and pretty and I love how it feels to knit with it.

No comments: